A world to be explored…interesting places to visit….exciting destinations and the willingness to open your horizon and your mind to the unknown ahead or in a word: TRAVELING! One of human kind’s favorite occupation, travelling is definitely a must-try experience for everybody! [Read more...]
While the government’s intention to adopt sustainable measures to make the average home more energy efficient is admirable, getting the public to understand the process is one difficult trek. To say that the project is complicated is an understatement and if it cannot be explained properly, the chance of getting people to support it is very slim. [Read more...]
Every now and then, we would yearn for a different look, be it to attract attention, to make a statement, or simply because we have grown bored of our current look. While many people believe it takes a lot of work to look different, it’s actually very easy. A few simple changes can go a long way. Here are five things you can do to have a completely different look:
- Wear a jacket, coat, or scarf. It might seem unbelievable, but a single additional article of clothing can significantly alter your look. Jackets might seem easy, but a scarf might be intimidating for first-timers. Don’t worry though; there are plenty of tips online to help you get started. In fact, wearing a scarf differently creates more options for you to change your look!
- Use a different lipstick color. Not just a different shade, but a different color. If you usually wear red, you may want to try pink, blue, or even purple. For added effect, match the color of your nail polish with your lipstick.
- Revisit your closet. It’s highly likely that you have clothes that you don’t wear anymore, or wear as much, for whatever reason. Find new ways to wear them, and experiment by mixing and matching with some of your new clothes–you can have an entirely new outfit in no time!
- Accessorize with colorful bracelets and necklaces. Don’t just settle for metal necklaces–try using shell or bead necklaces, and use a few color-matched bangles stacked with other bracelets to complete the look.
- Change your hairstyle. To some, this might seem drastic, but aside from getting a new haircut, there are plenty of ways you can style your hair. You can simply change the way you wear it (for instance, from a ponytail to buns), or have it dyed. If you have straight hair, you may want to try curling it with a curling iron or curling wand. If you’re new to curling, there are many resources online on finding the best curling iron in the market. On the other hand, you can find information about the best curling wand here
As a bonus, none of these tips require you to blow insane amounts of money. Scarves, bracelets, necklaces, and bangles can be found online for very low prices, and while the very best curling wands can get expensive, completely functional ones can be found for as low as $10. Try any of these tips and find a new you without much effort!
Even if you have everything that you need in life, you might still think that it’s not enough. You want more and you are not content of what is given to you. If this is how you live your life in the past years, maybe it’s high time for you to think of other people too. While you are having a dilemma on what car model you want to buy, other people have a bigger problem on what to eat for the day. When you can spoil your own children with everything that they ask for, millions of other children don’t even have basic needs such as shelter and nutrition.
Yes, life is unfair and it is so unfortunate that these children are born in this kind of situation. However, you can do your share and be of help. If you earn more than what you need to provide for your basic needs, then it might be high time for you to share what you have to other people. If you can’t think of any way, the best thing to do is to sponsor a child through UNICEF’s project.
How to be a Sponsor
If you wish to sponsor a child, it does not mean you have to choose one child and bring this child directly to your house. It is more of helping children in general. When you commit to be a Global Parent, then you give a certain amount of money to UNICEF. They will identify the children who are in great need of help and this is where your money will go to. They will provide projects that are not just meant to help for a short-term, but will have long-term effects.
Your Help Will Go a Long Way
There is nothing to worry about when it comes to your donations. You are assured that they are in safe hands. Over the years, UNICEF has implemented lots of projects that helped children across the world, especially from Africa and the tribal areas in Australia. You can sponsor children who need help without necessarily taking them away from the environment in which they are used to.
You can be a better person than who you are now. Make your move and support the child sponsorship project by visiting here.
Given the number of banks and financial firms available to provide personal loans these days, it is very easy to just pick one company and apply for a loan right away. Some of them might have strict policies, but you can easily find one that is more relaxed and easier to deal with. However, just before you decide to go for these loans, there are a few things that you need to ponder on.
1. Do you really need this loan? If you are getting this loan just to buy unnecessary items, then don’t do it. You will soon regret this decision. You should take this loan only if you really don’t have any other source of money to pay for something urgent or during medical emergencies. If you are planning to buy something that can wait, then it is best for you to wait.
2. Make sure that you compare the interest rates and other terms associated with these loans among the companies available. You must find it easy to repay the loan later on. If the application process is easy, but the interest rates are too high, then don’t dare get it. You won’t be able to repay it and it spells disaster.
3. Will you be able to repay the loan during the due date? Take note that for some companies, the penalty rate when paying after the due dates is too high. It can even be compounded as you fail to pay within the next few days. Again, this is very risky. Therefore, if you are not sure about your financial resources to repay the loan, then think about this risk before going for it.
4. Stick with trusted companies only. There might be smaller firms out there that may provide personal loans even to people with messed up credit scores. Though this sounds good news for you, it might just be a scam. Therefore, make sure you don’t bite this bait.
When you think you are ready to take this risk, then nothing should stop you from getting loans. If not, you have to find other options. For more details about affordable personal loans online, you can check out http://www.newcastlepermanent.com.au/.
Having come from a two-week holiday in Europe, my husband and I have decided to renovate our Sydney home. We wanted to incorporate a European look and feel to the house that we had bought some 10 years ago. It has seen some good times and now that we have a little extra money saved, we though of sprucing it up by renovating the interiors.
While on holiday, I fell in love with Italian and Spanish tiles. I loved the color, their vibrance and the fact that they were baked and even made by hand. The patterns and designs were also very lovely and lent an elegance that ordinary tiles lacked. I felt that it will be a good way to elevate the ambience at home especially now that my husband is a top executive at his company. We often have guests for dinner and the wives of some of his bosses could be pretty snobbish – like they were judging us because everything inside our home was locally sourced.
The initial plan was to buy the tiles from Italy. They weren’t very expensive, but the shipping would cost an arm and a leg. Not to mention that there was the possibility of the tiles breaking and cracking during the shipping process. Fortunately, one of my husband’s assistants knew of a local shop that carried imported bathroom tiles. With our decorator in tow, we trooped to ABL Tile Centre and marveled at the bathroom tiles, kitchen tiles as well as other premium materials for the home.
I was ecstatic looking at the fine tile patterns. What was good though was that the attendants were very pleasant and readily explained to me the difference between the hand painted tiles and the ceramic and glazed ones. The cost was quite reasonable too, considering that these were imported from Italy and Spain. Since we were ordering a lot of pieces, we were offered free delivery; which was another good thing for us since our car wasn’t the type for carrying heavy load.
I can’t wait to see the look on my husband’s bosses (and their snobbish wives) when they see our newly renovated and European-inspired home.
All buildings need renovating every now and again and there are ways of doing it, even if it is just your house. If you are thinking about some renovation work to the exterior of your house, perhaps new fascias or a coat of paint, don’t try to do it using a ladder.
Take a look at these great deals on scissor lift rentals first. Scissor lifts are designed to go up a maximum of 50 ft., which should be more than sufficient for your needs, and they are ideal for making jobs like painting easy. But, there are things you should and should not do when it comes to using a scissor lift.
Scissor lifts are generally used for raising people or objects but you must take into consideration the total amount of weight being lifted. Weight is an issue because, the higher the lift goes, the more unstable it can become, especially if overloaded or not balanced.
If you are using the lift to raise materials, exercise caution and don’t rush it. Too much haste can end in disaster.
These are attached to a person’s wrist and, should the person become incapacitated in any way, the lanyard will pull a kill switch, shutting off the machinery.
They are there for a reason! If you do have to lean over the guardrail for anything, do not over extend or stand on the rails. It might seem like an easy thing to do but it is equally as easy to lose your balance.
Always bring the lift back down before you move to a new location. They are not stable enough when extended to be move without risking some kind of accident.
Always follow the health and safety guidelines when operating any kind of machinery. Using a scissor lift correctly will make your renovation job much easier and quicker to carry out as well as safer.
If you are starting a house or building Renovation Company up, you could consider the cost of buying your own scissor lift. You can get some great deals on new or used and it will work out much cheaper than having to pay rental fees every time.
Do you love to host parties for your friends and family at every opportunity you get? Are you up to date on the latest food trends and have a head for business? Why not think about starting your own catering company?
Starting a business these days doesn’t have to cost the earth and, indeed, with catering, you can actually start from your own home. Below, we look at the steps required to getting your new business off the ground.
Step One – Market Research
Catering is a varied market with many niches to it. Spend some time doing a bit of research; work out what the best niche is to get into. You can start on a small basis, perhaps delivering fresh baked goods to corporations for their business meetings. Look at what the competition is and head in a different directions, something that isn’t offered widely. For example, if the location you live in is already full of businesses that offer buffet foods, go for something a little more exclusive and upscale.
Step 2 – Licenses and Permits
Every business, especially a food catering one, requires a business license and you will need a tax identification number. Also, whether you are opening up premises or working from your own home, you will require a permit of some description for handling food, serving alcohol if that is your intention and liability insurance – for you, your staff and the public if applicable. You will also need the proper certification for food handling and health and safety certificates for your business area.
Step 3 – Equipment
Of course, you will need specific cooking equipment and heating tables as well as a vehicle if you intend to run a delivery service. You can buy wholesale catering supplies at excellent prices here. You will need office equipment as well, such as a business phone, a computer, furniture and proper accounting software.
Step 4 – Business Marketing
The final step is to advertise your business. Build a website that features full color, professional photos, menu samples and testimonials from customers. Get some business cards made up and distribute them, along with fliers, to other complementary businesses, such as wedding planners, florists, and photographers.
Small business owners usually find ways to reduce cost and maximize productivity. Of course, unlike big companies, small business owners do not have the luxury to invest on something expensive to boost the business. One of the most important aspects in running a business is data security. For big companies, they can spend thousands of dollars just to secure everything that they have. However, this is not the same for small businesses. Thus, it is high time for you to consider cloud storage services.
There are a lot of companies offering this service at an affordable cost. Aside from the reduce cost of data security, here are some other benefits you can get out of it:
• Cloud storage assures protection and safety. You know that all the data you have stored are in safe hands. The data stored in the cloud storage will be in encrypted form. They will only be opened one an encryption id is typed. Thus, you are assured that no one can hack the data. Furthermore, regular virus scans will also be run just to make sure there will be no potential threat. Layers of security are also in place so that only you and your authorized staff can access the data,
• Consistency and reliability is another reasons. There are many ways in which you data can be vulnerable. This includes power outage, internet access issues and government policies. Cloud storage will ensure that none of these factors will affect the overall security of your data.
• Backup system will also be in place should anything go wrong. Take note that if you invest on regular backup technology, you have to spend a lot. You also need manpower to do the job. This is not applicable for cloud storage. Thus, you can back up the data without necessarily spending a lot.
There are a lot more reasons for giving cloud storage services a try. There are also trial versions available just in case you are not yet certain if you are willing to invest on it. Just in case you do, check out more cloud storage information here.
There can be no doubt in anyone’s mind that mobile marketing is the future, especially where direct response marketing is concerned. Every week mobile use increase and the public seem to be getting more tolerant of mobile ads, to the extent that a recent study showed 70% of consumers welcoming these ads on their mobiles.
The same study determined that mobile use would bypass desktop use this year with 25% of all mobile users preferring to ignore their desktop internet in favor of mobile internet. Add to the equation that mobile marketing budgets are set to increase tenfold by 2020 and the facts speak for themselves.
Below we have six reasons why mobile marketing is taking over as the number one direct response tool:
- Faster Conversions – Mobile marketing has been proven to speed up conversion dramatically – around 70% of mobile searches result in a conversion within one hour whereas 70% of desktop searches take a month on average to convert.
- Better Local Targeting – Targeted advertising always works better and mobile marketing is more accurate for targeting than any other medium. Mobile searchers are thinking in the minute, not doing research.
- High Quality Conversions – Mobile ads that include “Call us now” or “Call now” have conversion rates of around 8% higher than a standard mobile ad. According to Google, around 61% of searches on a mobile result in a call.
- Local Prowess – 95% of all smartphone users use their mobiles for searching on a regular basis and 88% of these will carry through with an action within 24 hours. If your business can’t be found through a mobile search, be prepared for failure.
- Addiction – Most smartphone users will admit to being addicted to it, not being able to go more than a few minutes without looking at it. This makes them a marketer’s best friend, especially those that are prepared to use mobile marketing to reach their target.
- Action – 90% of all mobile searches leads to an action and over 50% of those lead to a conversion into a sale.
- Measurable – Being able to analyze performance is key to any direct marketer. Branding is no longer enough and results must be measurable. Mobile users can be tracked – where they are, how often they use their mobile, what device they use, etc.
If you want that same success rate for your direct response marketing campaign, use this company to help you set up – your results will be assured.
Back then, when people seek for help from a travel agency to book their trip, they usually select from certain tour packages. The said tour packages have already been pre-selected and a certain price tag is attached to each package. These days, this is no longer the preference of many people. In fact, customized tour packages are now very much in demand.
With customized packages, those who wish to hire the services of a travel agent may now select the exact places and dates for the trip. There is no need to stick with the packages that have already been pre-selected. They can also choose how long they will be staying in one place before moving on to another. Thus, there is really no rush in following the itinerary unlike the pre-selected package.
Although many people think customized tour packages are expensive, the truth is that they are in fact cost- efficient. As the cliché goes, you only live once. Thus, you have to make the most out of your life. If you plan to have a grand vacation, then don’t be afraid to splurge. As long as you get back what you have invested for this trip, then there is nothing wrong with it. If your customized tour package will let you see the places included in your bucket list, then it is definitely worth spending your money for.
Choosing the Right Partner
Before you get too excited with the idea of a customized tour, you have to realize that it will only succeed once you have partnered with the right company. Thus, you need to see to it that you will go for an agency that specializes in customized tour. You should also find one that lets you decide whatever you want for the trip.
If you finally want to give this trip a go, then you can start with a tour in various places in North America. Rest assured, within and outside of the United States, there are a lot more sites that are worthy to be seen. For the best North America Tours package, check this out.
Dinner parties need not always be elaborate. At times, when we long for the company of intimate friends or a small group of family members, we just want to call them to come over and have a nice, long dinner. You bring out the brisket, leave it in the oven or just toss a green salad and prepare a platter of cheese and cold cuts. Your guests can bring the wine and all is good for the rest of the evening.
When the weather is not too cold, it is also nice to relax in the garden area. You can have rattan or wicker furniture with nice soft cushions that are relaxing as they are inviting. Add warm lighting or adjustable lamps and you have a great spot for after-dinner coffee or afternoon tea. This could be yours and hubby’s favorite corner of the house. The problem is, this space isn’t enough for four or more people and could be a problem when you’re entertaining.
Instead of renting tents for small parties, you can opt to build a pergola right at your own front yard. It would be a semi-permanent addition to your garden, patio or porch. If you think a gazebo is too old-fashioned and sticks out of your property like a sore thumb, a pergola is a much more refined and contemporary choice.
Strictly speaking, a pergola is an archway with a framework. It can be freestanding or can form part of your porch, backyard or den. It neither has walls nor a roof and is just made up of posts and beams. Surprisingly, pergolas can be made to be weather-resistant by choosing the right materials and design.
You can add this outdoor feature to any area in the garden you choose and make it a point of interest. Like a trellis, plants and climbing flowers can be allowed to grow on your pergola. Doing so will give it a natural roof or curtain and offer shade during the afternoons. In the evening, you can hang accent lights of varying lengths for a romantic feel.
Having a pergola in your garden or porch makes it more fun and relaxing. Plus, you’ll get the added bonus of having the perfect afternoon tea or dinner spot for you and your group of friends.